Wednesday 2 March 2011

My First Day

So today was full on. I only travel with hand luggage - it makes travelling much less stressful, no waiting for bags, watching bags, heaving heavy bags around a strange new country.

Its also a good strategy because it forces you to get out into the community straight away to buy all the basics that you need. Interesting when you don't speak the language!

So with he shopping done I went straight to Copacabana beach:

Which is nice! It's also getting on for 26 degrees already..

I strolled all the way down CopaCabana beach to Ipanema to watch the surfers working the breaks just off the beach;


Then walked up into Leblon for lunch. As it turns out portions in Brazil are gigantic, this is lunch for one person:


Apologies this is on its side - I cant find any way to rotate this picture! By lunchtime it was 32 degrees and the walk back gave me really nice sunburn!

Top Tip: eat out with friends, order one dish and share it, it will be more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment